Youtube is a music and video sharing platform that allows its users to view, upload and share videos among people on the Internet, it can be used to share informative stuff and also entertainment, it may happen sometimes that you are watching some videos on Youtube and suddenly the Video stops playing, you try everything in your control to solve the issue but still you are not able stream the video. Don’t worry, this kind of problems are very common and here in this guide we are going to show you how to fix Youtube videos not playing problem.
To save you from the annoyingness of the youtube videos not loading issue, we have provided some solutions that would come in handy whenever you are facing this problem.
Methods To Solve Youtube Video Not Playing Problem
Youtube Video not Playing problem can occur to anyone due to certain things some of them being, your browser does not support the HTML5 video player or maybe Adobe Flash Player is not working properly in background, these are just to name among many other reasons as to why you are facing Youtube Video Not Playing Problem.
Here I have provided some easy solution to the Youtube Video Not Playing problem, hope this helps you.
Method 1: Updating Your Web Browser
As I told you earlier it might just happen that you are using an older version of your current web browser, and it does not support HTML5 video player since most of the videos on Youtube are supposed to be run on HTML5 video player, not having it may stop the videos from playing.
To Update your web browser follow these simple instructions:
- For Google Chrome, click on three dot menu and select Google Chrome Settings.
- A dropdown menu shall open here Select help.
- Another menu will open select About Google Chrome from this menu.
- Google Chrome will automatically search and install new updates by itself and show a message stating that Google Chrome is up to date once it is done.
- Restart Google Chrome and check whether the problem is solved or not.
- For any other Web browser check its about section to update it.
If this does not solve your problem, then try the next method that is provided here.
Method 2: Clear Cookies and Cache
Too many Cookies and Caches will cause your web browser to stop playing Youtube Videos and it also slows down your Browser itself. Here are some methods through which you can clear your cache and cookies on different web browsers such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on three dot menu which will be on top-right of your browser and from the menu select More Tools and then select Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the check box of Cache, Browsing History, Download History and Cookies.
- To delete all data select the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- After you have done everything else click on Clear browsing data.
- Restart Google Chrome and Youtube videos will start playing again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select Tool icon an navigate to Safety -> Delete browsing history.
- Ensure that you have checked on Ensure Favorites Website Data, Temporary Internet Files and Website files and Cookies and website data. Then select delete.
- Restart your Internet Explorer and you should be able to play your Youtube Videos again.
Do the same other browsers like Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
Method 3: Resetting your Browsers Settings
It might so happen that at some point you had changed some setting of your Web Browser and it is now not letting you watch videos on Youtube.
In this section, I have provided as to how you can reset your browser’s settings back to what it was before this problem arose.
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on three dot menu which will be on top-right of your browser and from the menu select Settings.
- When the settings tab opens select Advanced Settings from the side menu.
- In this section, there will be an option to Reset and Clean Google Chrome.
- Click on it. On the tab, that next appears select Restore settings to their original defaults.
- In the box that appears after that select Reset.
- Restart Your Web Browser
You can reset your Internet Explorers settings by:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the tools menu, from the menu select Internet Options.
- On the Window that opens Go to the Advanced Tab.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings select Reset.
- On the confirmation window check on the Delete Personal Settings and select Reset.
- Once the default settings are set, restart Internet Explorer.
By resetting your web browser settings you will now be able to watch video on Youtube if this does not work then try the next method.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
If you are constantly having the Youtube Video not playing problem then you should consider Uninstalling and Reinstalling Adobe Flash Player to do so go to the official Adobe Flash Player website and follow the instructions provided on it.
Whenever you install a new version of the Flash Player the older version gets deleted, so you just need to install Adobe Flash Player once from its official website.
There can be many reasons why youtube videos are not loading on your browser, we have listed some of the common causes here and provided solutions to them as well. This is how you can fix youtube videos not playing problem, we have tested each and every solution personally and the results were really working. If you face any problem while following the tutorial above then please let us know in comment section. We hope the post was able to help you solve your problem.