Using the Xbox 360 controller for playing games on PC is a unique experience. If you have an Xbox 360 and a Windows PC, then you should try playing PC games with the help of a controller. Most of the times, the controller works perfectly fine for playing most of the games. But sometimes, unfortunate people face problems every time they try to use them. At first inspection, the problem seems to lie in the Xbox 360 controller driver windows 10.
If you are having a problem connecting and using an Xbox controller on your computer, then you should try to install the latest Xbox 360 controller driver windows 10. In this post, we are going to share some solutions that will help you windows 10 Xbox 360 controllers not working problem within a few minutes. All you have to do is to follow the steps, and you’ll be able to use the controller again on your computer to play supported games without any issue.
Why People use the Xbox 360 Controller on Windows 10?
The gaming console controllers provide the best gaming experience. Many people are accustomed to playing the games on their gaming consoles like Xbox 360. But sometimes, they want to play the games on PC due to the higher framerate and vast availability of the gaming titles. That’s why the hardcore console gamers use their Xbox 360 controllers on Windows computers. Most of the times the controllers work without any issues, but not all are that fortunate.
How to Fix Xbox 360 Controller not Working Windows 10 Error?
There are many solutions available to fix the issue of the Xbox controller not working. Instead of following all of the answers, you should try them according to the priority. Here are some working methods to fix this problem and arranged them on the level of their effectiveness.
Method 1: Install Xbox 360 Controller Driver Manually
If you are not able to use the controller on your Windows 10 computer, then you should manually install the drivers. Here are the steps to manually add a new device and install the drivers.
- First of all, press “Windows key + X” key combination on the keyboard. Now, click on the “Device Manager” option to open the Device manager window.
- You’ll see all of the connected devices. Now, scroll down to find the “Other Devices” option.
- Right-click on the “Unknown Device” you can see with Yellow warning icon. Click on “Update Driver Software”.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click on “Browse my Computer for Driver Software” option.
- Now, navigate to the location where you have downloaded the latest driver software. Select the folder and the windows will install the driver.
- Restart the computer after completing the installation of the software.
Method 2: Let Windows Automatically Choose Best Drivers
The Windows can automatically search for the appropriate device drivers in their repository or the vast sea of the Internet. If you are not able to find the correct version of the Xbox 360 Controller driver, then you should let windows choose the same. Here are the steps on how to automatically download Xbox 360 Controller driver windows 10.
- Just like we did in the first methods, press “Windows key + X” key combination and click on “Device Manager”.
- In the Device Manager, scroll down to “Other Devices” and right-click on the “Unknown Device”. Then click on “Update Driver Software” option.
- Now, click on the “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software”.
- Now the windows will automatically search for the updated driver software from the internet. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- The process of downloading and installing new driver software will take a few minutes. After completing, restart the computer and connect your Xbox 360 controller to play the games of your choice.
Method 3: Disable Game DVR in the Xbox App
The Windows 10 comes with the native support to all of the components and services. The In-game DVR feature to record the gameplay is supposed to be the main culprit behind this issue. If any of the methods mentioned above are not working you, then you should try this solution.
- First of all, open the “Xbox” app from the Start Menu in Windows 10.
- In the Xbox app, click on the “Settings” option, which is shown by the Gear icon.
- In the settings, switch to the “Game Bar” tab and disable the option named “Record Game Clips, Screenshots Using Game Bar”.
- Now, restart the computer and connect your Xbox 360 controller to the PC.
Also Read: How to Use Xbox One controller on PC
The Xbox 360 controller not working PC is one of the most annoying problems for the console owners. As they want to play the games on their computer with the help of the Console controller, it is not possible because of the error. Most of the times, the issue can be fixed permanently by installing the Xbox 360 controller driver windows 10. That’s why we shared two methods relating to the same solution. But, some people reported that they’ve been facing the issue since they enabled the Game DVR option in the Xbox app. So, we examined the issue and found this solution. All you have to do is to follow the exact steps and get rid of this annoying problem from your computer.