When You are facing the performance issues with the computer, then you are advised to perform the system reset. In Windows 10, the procedure for resetting the PC without losing data is pretty simple and does miracles by improving the system performance. I’ve performed the System reset to remove the clutter and improve system performance, but sometimes, I encountered problems resetting the PC. With “There was a problem Resetting your PC” error message on the screen, the entire reset process stopped and did nothing.
I was not the only one facing There was a Problem Resetting your PC Windows 10 error on my computer, but there were thousands of people complaining the same. Fortunately, I found the practical solutions to fix the Windows 10 there was a problem resetting your PC.
These solutions work for almost all of the Windows 10 based computers, and you can fix the issue immediately. If you are facing this issue while restoring your computer, then you should follow the methods we are going to share in this post. Here are the practical solutions to get rid of the Reset failed no changes were made a problem.
Why You Encounter Problem While Resetting your PC?
The Corrupted System files are the primary reason behind this problem. The Official Microsoft Developers also claim that the Corrupted System files cause the Windows 10 Reset Failed No Changes Were Made problem. If you fix the corrupted system files or Reset the computer with Original Windows Recovery Disk, you won’t have to face the error message again.
How to Fix There Was a Problem Resetting your PC Problem?
If you are tired of sluggish performance of your system but the stupid problem is not allowing you to do the same? Well, you should act immediately and fix the Windows 10 Reset failed No Changes Were Made. Here are all of the working methods that you should follow and you’ll be able to Reset your Computer without wasting your time.
Method 1 – Run System File Checker
As the Corrupted System Files are one of the primary reasons behind this issue, you have to fix the corrupted files. Windows 10 comes with the System tool named System File Checker, which checks for the corrupted files and replaces them to fix the issue. Here are the exacts steps for you to Run the System File Checker utility.
- First of all, Press “Windows + X” Key combination and then click on “Command Prompt ( Admin )” to open the Command Prompt with Elevated Access.
- Now, type the following command and press ENTER. Wait till the command execution is complete.
- After the process is finished, Restart your computer to let the changes take effect, and then Proceed with the System Reset Process. If you still see the error message, then follow Method #2.
Method 2 – Run DISM Scan
The DISM is another utility installed in the Windows 10 operating system. The tool is developed to modify the system image, recovery setup and the recovery images. If there is anything wrong with the system that is triggering the issues with System Reset, then the DISM tool will fix them for you. Here are the exact steps to do so.
- First of all, Press “Windows + X” Key combination and then click on “Command Prompt ( Admin )” to open the Command Prompt with Administrative Access.
- In the command prompt, type the following command and press ENTER. Wait till the process completes.
- Once the process is finished, Restart your computer and then Start the procedure to Reset your computer. You won’t face the issue again.
Method 3 – Restart Reagentc Service
Upon gazing Microsoft Windows 10 forums, we noticed that many users faced no issues after Disabling the reagentc service in Windows. If any of these methods are not working for you, then you should immediately follow this one to get rid of the issue. The technique is similar to the other two ways so you won’t have any problem following this method.
- First, open the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges by Pressing “Windows + X” Key combination and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)“.
- In the command prompt, type the following commands and press ENTER after pasting each command.
- After entering these two commands. Restart the computer to let these changes take effect. After that, Reset your computer from Settings App. You’ll not face a problem this time.
Also Read: Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor [SOLVED]
That was easy to fix the Windows 10 There was a Problem Resetting your PC issue. Most of the times, the corrupted system files are behind this issue, and in this post, we told you how to fix it. If you are facing the problems while resetting your computer, make sure you follow these methods and then you’ll be ready to reset your computer. I hope you’ve learned to fix Windows 10 Reset Failed no changes were made error message. If you have any doubts, then make sure to comment below so we can help you fix that.