One of the best things about using Microsoft edge is that you will get a unique and satisfying user interface with this browser. Microsoft launched it in 2015 with Windows 10 update and if you have recently updated your PC and found that you Microsoft edge not working then welcome to the club. Many people have reported that after upgrading to Windows 10, Microsoft edge not opening. One of the primary reason why so many people prefer to use this browser is that it is a protected app which ensures the safety of your data. However, because of some reason if it’s not opening, then there are following ways through which you can fix it.
Microsoft is working on the Chromium-based Edge browser, which is not out for public use yet. Until itis available for the public use, you have to keep working with the inbuilt Edge browser, which will keep crashing. In this post, we are listing some working methods that will help you to get rid of the error with Microsoft edge not opening and fix the issue permanently.
Why does Microsoft Edge stop to Work?
Microsoft’s Edge web browser is an inbuilt software, which comes with the Windows 10 operating system from the beginning. As its an inbuilt software program, it comes with the services that support the software. The essential services ensure the proper functioning of the software. Well, if some of the supporting services get issues or stop working while you are using the browser, then you may face such issues. Most of the cases, it is non-working services that cause Edge browser won’t open error. If you don’t think background services are the culprit, then corrupted system files might be behind this issue.
How to Fix Microsoft Edge Not Working on Windows 10
If you are not able to open Microsoft Edge on your computer, then there is nothing to worry about. As it’s an inbuilt software program in Windows 10, it has tons of solutions to make it work as it did previously. In this post, we are sharing some practical solutions, which will help you to fix Microsoft Edge not opening error in Windows 10. All you have to do is to follow these methods and fix the problem permanently.
Method 1 – Disable All Startup Services
If Microsoft edge won’t open, then the first thing which you should do is to clean boot your PC by Disabling all of the non-Microsoft services. Now, this method will help you to restore your PC to default settings and probably fix the problem. Follow these steps to boot up your PC without any third-party services.
- First of all press “Windows + R” key combination at the same time, type “msconfig” and then press ENTER.
- Now go to the “Services” tab then check the box for “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on “Disable all” button.
- Then go to the “Startup” tab and click on “Open Task Manager” to open the Task Manager Window.
- Select every item on in the “Startup” menu and then click “Disable” to disable every third-party service that runs on startup. Once done, Close the Task Manager and Restart your computer to let these changes take effect.
This method shall work and fix the problem of Microsoft edge doesn’t work, but if the issue persists, then you should follow the next process.
Method 2 – Reinstall Microsoft Edge
Sometimes while installing Microsoft edge, it might not have installed correctly, and if that’s the leading cause of the problem, then you should reinstall it and here’s how to do that.
- At first press the “Windows + S” key combination at the same time and then search for “Powershell” in Start Menu. Then Right click on “Windows PowerShell” and then select “Run as Administrator”.
- You will be prompted with administrator permission, click on “Yes”.
- Now in the PowerShell window copy and paste the following command and press ENTER to execute this command. Make sure you are connected to the Internet for this command to work properly.
- After entering this command, wait for Powershell to complete executing it. After completing the execution of the command, Restart the computer to let the changes to take effect and check if Microsoft Edge is opening or not.
Method 3 – Reinstall The Windows 10
Now if you have tried all the purposes mentioned above still haven’t solved the problem of Microsoft edge will not open, then the one thing which you do is reinstall windows 10. Sometimes it’s better to opt for an easy but effective solution of reinstalling windows 10 on your PC because that might fix the bug which is causing this problem. Get your hands on Windows 10 DVD that came with your computer or create a bootable USB or DVD with the tool from Microsoft. Boot into that Installation Media and Reinstall your computer. Also, you have another option to Reset the computer to Default Settings. You can Reset all the Settings to Default and not lose the stored data. You can find the option in “Windows Settings >> Updates and Recovery >> Recovery“.
So these are some of the best ways through which you can fix the Microsoft edge not working in windows 10. Many people are reporting that after updating to the latest version of Windows 10 they are facing this problem and even after trying all the methods above you are facing the same issue then there could be more to that. In such a case, you should contact the help center and get the required help from a technician. If you have any doubt or questions relating to the methods to resolve this problem, then you can freely leave your comment below, and we will be happy to help you.