Using a mouse over touchpad has been the comfortable thing for users of laptops. But WIRELESS MICE have been heroes saving us from tangles and knots of the wires. Hence with the developing requirements for the best, companies have been in great race to mark their presence and one such brand which is doing well is LOGITECH.
Wireless mouse is something in which all the laptop users find comfort. Due to their flexible and user friendly characteristics, wireless mouse have a great demand, but at the other side, Wireless mouse has many disadvantage too over wired mouse or touchpad like the batteries dies early, no proper signal strength and in case if we lose the USB then the mouse become useless for us. When it comes to Logitech wireless mouse, we have seen many people reporting about Logitech wireless mouse not working or connecting on their official forum and there was no proper resolution given to them and it is a very common issue raised these days. In this guide we are going to show you how to fix logitech mouse not working within few moments, but before that let’s know what’s the root cause of this annoying problem.
What Causes this Problem?
It’s a well-known fact that all the wireless devices are connected either by WI-FI or Bluetooth connectivity. Logitech mouse uses WI-FI connectivity that works by transferring data in the form of RADIO FREQUENCY. But many users have complained that their Logitech wireless mouse not working after installing the new windows 10 update. And we are listing out the possible reasons below:
- Usage of Logitech wireless mouse on metal surfaces or areas with rough texture.
- DRAINED or low BATTERY levels.
- Connectivity problem between UNIFYING RECEIVER and WIRELESS MOUSE.
So here we are sharing few possible ways to fix this issue with any windows version.
How to Fix Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working?
As mentioned above connectivity issues of unifying receiver, USB ports, mouse driver, drained battery are the main forces that lead to failure of functioning of mouse.
Method 1: Remove the Unifying Receiver & Batteries for few seconds
It is the very first thing you can try once you start facing the problem. A hard reset is all it takes for a device to reconfigure sometimes. Hence removing the batteries and unifying receiver to allow discharging is way very primary and helpful. After a couple of minutes, all the parts can be plugged in and connections are made. Check for the working.
Method 2: Debug the Problem with Mouse Drivers
If there’s a problem with mouse driver the result will be poor connectivity. Hence in that case you can check the driver status by using the following steps.
- Open Device Manager by pressing Windows + R button and type “devmgmt.msc” and press enter.
- Device manager will open on your screen.
- Go to Device and Find Mice and other pointing devices.
- Right click on it and select the Uninstall Option.
- Once it is un-installed from your system, reboot your computer to make sure all the changes are done successfully.
- Now REINSTALL the driver again.
- You can download the latest driver of your Mouse from official site of Logitech
Method 3: Change the USB Port
The problem might be due to defected USB ports and damaged USB ports too. There can be two reason why your USB port is not working, maybe your USB port is physically damage or you would be using USB 3.0 cable in USB 2.0 port and it won’t work. The best way to check this is by trying different ports alternatively.
- Plug in to the other ports available in your CPU to identify the problem with USB port in use.
- Check for the status after trial with different ports.
- If none of those ports are working then we are quite sure that your hardware is physically damaged.
- You can also try reinstalling your USB drivers. You can download them from official site of Intel
- Check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Updating Mouse Driver
This method can be used if changing the USB port has not been a successful attempt. It may also happen that malfunctioning of mouse driver can be the cause for problem. Hence check the activity status by using the following the steps:
- Press Windows + R button from your keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” and hit enter.
- Device Manager will launch on your screen.
- Select the mice and other pointing devices option in the list.
- The drop down list is displayed and then choose LOGITECH WIRLESS MOUSE.
- Right click on Logitech unifying mouse and update driver software.
- Reboot the system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 5: Using Mouse on Different Surface
The mice have certain surface criteria to be followed. Hence keep them away from ELECTRICAL SURFACES such as cordless, telephone devices and METALLIC SURFACES such as rails and cables. Try using mouse pads or shift to other surfaces to check for the working of mouse.
Using any of the above described methods will help get rid of the problem. Thus, it is very necessary to find the root cause of the issue to find a suitable way to troubleshoot. As there are many methods to troubleshoot, picking the appropriate one is utmost important. It is really very frustrating to go through the situations as such but don’t worry. Just follow the instructions in the article as we have compiled the article with causes and solutions respectively.
Any further doubts, queries, observations can be brought to our notice by posting in the comment section below.