Gaming is the best way to zone out from your surroundings when you feel lonely, it is the best medicine to any disease. A good gaming system keeps you involved all the time which may not be good as an addiction, but as a leisure time work, it does its job. It’s 2019, and gaming has reached another level. HyperX the famous sponsor of 20 gaming teams globally has designed HyperX products to make the game feel real. And one of them is the HyperX cloud 2 Mic. It has secured its place well in the market and provides a good competitive edge to its substitute.
However, over the time there were complains about HyperX cloud 2 mic not working on Windows 10 operating system. Well, one would not like to give up on a big investment just because of a tiny issue.
HyperX Cloud 2 Mic ranges from 100-150USD, and in return, they even provide the desired quality. But if some issues like HyperX mic not working comes up, we have a solution for you.
How to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working Problem
It is important to know that your headphones might not be working due to some error in them, but different software responds differently to various gadgets. So, we have tips for both your headphones and some steps that could help your computer adjust with the sound.
Method 1: The basic check
It might seem silly, but people usually plug in the wrong wires to the wrong inputs. Before wondering what is wrong with your headset and mic, first, check whether the green and red wires are plugged in correctly to the inputs.
Also, check the mute button to make sure that your device is not muted.
If there was a mistake in plugging the wires, your headphones may have started working by now.
Method 2: Check Sound settings
Now that we have checked the headphones and they are correctly plugged in, we can move to do some changes in the sound settings in our computer.
- Firstly open ‘Run’ by pressing Windows+R. Once the run box appears, type control panel and hit enter right from your keyboard.
- You will find the control panel on your screen.
- Click on the drop-down list named category on the right and chose Large icons.
- Then select Sound from the list in front of you.
- The sound setting box will open. Click on the Recording tab.
- Right-click on any empty space in that small window and you will find a list of disabled devices, enable all of them.
- Now right-click on Headset Microphone and click on the enable option, and set it as default service.
- After doing the above 5 steps, restart your system again, and voila! Your headphones will be working.
If there was a sound setting fault in your computer, you might find this really helpful
Method 3: Update Hyperx Cloud 2 Drivers from Device Manager
If your hyperx cloud mic is still not working, you might try this solution as well, because why not? It is always better to do it yourself than spending your dimes on someone else.
Follow the given steps to update the headphone drivers:
- Click right on My computer and then click on Manage.
- Select Device Manager from the list or you can directly press Windows + X button and select Device Manager from this list.
- This will now open a list of all the devices that are connected to your computer.
- Select Sound Video and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on High definition Audio service and select Update Driver software.
- Now click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software and it will download and install it
- Restart your system to make sure all the changes are done successfully.
Method 4: Check for external damage
All of the above tricks and steps will only fail to work if there is external damage to the device.
If you find some parts of the device broken or wire loose, then take it back to the retailer or return it if you’ve purchased it online.
Solving such issues by yourself can be pretty easy, rather than paying the bills to a technician who would do the same thing at high prices.
HyperX Cloud 2 mic is a good and reliable model, but if some minor issues take place, you know what to do now. If you find the problem returning, again and again, make sure to get your system or your headphones checked. Mostly, HyperX Cloud 2 is well compatible with Windows system.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Mic Not Working Problem
So this is how we can quickly solve HyperX cloud 2 mic not working problem, we have personally tried and tested all the solutions mentioned above on our system and we are quite sure that there will be something missing on your system which we have covered in this tutorial, we know how it feels like when the mic suddenly stops working and due to that we aren’t able to communicate with our friends while playing multiplayer online games. Involve yourself in a happening game with high-quality sound again. Happy gaming! Let us know in comments if you find any difficulties while following this guide.