The first thing we want to do as soon as we get a new iPhone is to transfer all those messages, conversations to the new iPhone from the old iPhone.
Most of the people who are reading this post may have tried to move their so precious conversations from old iPhone to new iPhone and might have not been able to do so. Well, transferring messages from old iPhone to new iPhone is very easy, here I have provided some methods on to How to Transfer Text Messages From iPhone to iPhone in a few moments.
Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone
For iPhone users around the globe, the most convenient and heavily used cloud service is iCloud, that can be used to back up any data and iCloud can also be used to transfer data from one iPhone to another iPhone, such as, to transfer messages from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 the iCloud backup method can be very effective.
Here are the steps that you should follow to transfer messages from one iPhone to another iPhone via iCloud Backup.
- Check that both the phones have enough charge, if not then connect both the phones to the charger and connect them to the WiFi as it will consume some amount of data. Make sure your Internet connection is stable.
- From your old iPhone navigate to Settings -> Select Account Name from the top of the screen -> Select iCloud -> Select an iCloud backup from there.
- Select the backup now option, and it will start backing up your old iPhone, there will be some data consumed and also it might take some time if the network is slow so it is advisable to use WiFi, wait for the backup to finish up.
- Take the other iPhone and activate it if it has not been already activated.
- If the other iPhone is activated then you would have to erase the data in the new iPhone.
- To erase the data go to Settings -> General -> Reset -Erase all Content and settings -> Erase iPhone
- Now you would have to activate your iPhone again and select Restore from iCloud Backup, after this select the Backup you just created.
- Wait for the process to complete there will be some data consumed and also it might take some time if the network is slow so it is advisable to use WiFi, wait for the backup to restore.
After this, all your messages will be transferred to the new iPhone from your old iPhone, such as from your iPhone 5 to iPhone 6.
Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
Messages are taking over they are replacing other forms of communication such as e-mail and phone calls. The messages on your iPhone are very important to you that we understand. We also understand that it might just happen that you want a backup of all those messages on your computer for some reason other, for backing up your messages on your computer you will need iExplorer so if don’t already have it it is advisable that you should download iExplorer. After you have downloaded iExplorer follow these steps to transfer text messages from iPhone to Computer:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer by using the data cable provided with your iPhone, and open iExplorer.
- On the device overview screen select the data tab, once the data tab opens select the Messages button.
- You would also need an iTunes Backup on this computer to carry on with the process, if you have not yet created an iTunes Backup on this computer you will be asked to create one, choose yes and follow through the steps. If on the other hand you have already created an iTunes backup on this computer and it is not more than 24hrs old then you can use it.
- Once your messages are finished on iExplorer, you can now select any conversation from the left panel. The conversations can be filtered by date, you can view only the attachments or can choose to export whole conversations.
- You can select messages that you want to transfer from your iPhone to the computer and then click on the Export Messages, to export some selected messages or entire conversations.
Also Read: iPhone Alarm Clock Not Working
How to Transfer Text Messages From iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
If your iPhone has an older iOS say older than iOS 11.4, then you might not be able to use iCloud for backing up your messages in this case you can use iTunes to Backup your messages and then transfer them to a new iPhone, these are the steps that you should follow:
- Create an iTunes backup on your computer by connecting your iPhone to the computer, once the backup is complete, plug out the old iPhone.
- Now connect your new iPhone to the computer and open iTunes then select Restore Backup in iTunes.
- Wait for the backup to restore in your new iPhone, once it is done all your messages will be transferred to the new iPhone from the old iPhone.
The messages you have on your iPhone are important to you so it is understandable that when you get a new iphone you would want to transfer these messages from your old iPhone to the new iPhone. I hope that our post on How to Transfer Text Messages From iPhone to iPhone was of help to you, and you were able to transfer your messages without any problem and interruptions if you still face any issues then please comment below and we will help you out with your queries.